Monday, March 16, 2009

Action Packed Weekend


Saturday night Tom,  Marlee and I went to a St. Patrick's Day party at a parish in Ferndale.  We were the only three under 75 years of age but I think it's safe to say we brought some excitement.  Tom was nearly in heaven hanging out with his favorite age group but we found out Marlee was even more excited!  She hit on all the old men first by gambling with them, then by passing out tickets to each of them that they could use to dance with her.  Here are a few pics.  The first one is me doing karaoke with a lady we met there!  (I'm so irritated this part is underlined but I can't find the underline  button for the life of me!)
Marlee with two of the people at our table.  They're holding up their gambling coins.
Marlee with one of her many dance partners from the evening.
Marlee teaching another "beau" how to do a dance.
At the St. Patrick's Day parade in Detroit on Sunday afternoon.
Walt and Kim posing with some Star Wars characters at the parade.
Angela beating Tom in a chess game on Sunday night.  We stopped there after the parade to pick up Andrea's car.  Our brakes are totally gone so we're borrowing her car until the shop finishes with mine.
Tom wondering, "How is she beating me?"
Ready to go home to bed after a long, but fun weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the St. Patrick's Day stuff! Glad you stopped over to see us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Looks like it was a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just a fluke that I beat Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome looking weekend!! Great to talk to you Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bit fabricated...yet the pics show the obvious, WE HAD A BLAST!! Great times and fantastic memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irritated with what?
    The fact that you pulled an ancient screaming lady up on stage to sing Danny Boy with you! Come on what a rush, you loved it and besides who needs hearing in both ears anyways? Tom and I wanted you to sing solo...you got the skills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics! You guys are always doing something new and exciting. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Control + U. that usually take the underline out. just a thought. hope to see another post soon! Did you guys make it to Mass on the Solemnity? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete