Wednesday, July 13, 2011

UP Trips

Daniel and I made a trip to the UP about a month ago to spend some time with Anna & her kids, Grandma & Grandpa, and Auntie Am.  Anna provided us with entertainment some nights out on the blacktop.  Daniel was mesmerized!  
 Daniel got to spend some quality time with Grandma. 
 And Mommy got in lots of cuddle time too.
 Grandma gave Daniel his first swing on the swingset.  He loved it!

 Then we came back downstate for a few weeks.  This is at McDonald's after four hours of traveling.  Wish I could upload the video.  Let's just say Jonah was incredibly happy to be out of the car and releasing lots of pent up energy!
 Grandma and Grandpa came downstate too to help out.  Here's a classic one.  Grandma's laughing at Grandpa's rendition of "Old McDonald Had a Farm".

 Tom and I went to the Tigers game with the two lovebirds.  Too bad we had to sit in the sweltering heat with no break from the sun.  I don't think the guys even noticed how hot it was.  Angela and I kept having to take breaks and head for the shade!
 Tom, Joe, Mary Ellen, and I took the kids to the 4th of July parade!  Lucky thing Dominic had his Daddy to go diving on the street for some candy.  He even snagged an ice pop!
 Daniel wasn't sure what to think about all the activity.
 We left before the end because it was SO HOT!  Here are Joe and Tom trying to find some shade under an awning.
 Then it was back up to the UP for a family wedding.  We got to spend some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa.
 Daniel loves his Grandparents, that's for sure!

2 comments:

  1. YAY FOR YOUR POST!!! love it all! daniel is so photogenic!! looks like a blast in the UP! thx for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much going on this summer forgot when I was last in Ann Arbor....and now going again...thanks for all the great pictures....

    ReplyDelete