Well we made it safely to Colorado. Tom and I flew in Friday night. We met up with Joe and Mary Ellen and Mom and Dad at about 11am on Saturday morning. We picked up a rental car in Denver and drove out to the cabin. Our trip out was great. We decided to drive over Loveland Pass rather than go through the tunnel since Mary Ellen had never seen it. This nearly gave Joe a heart attack, but we did make it. We arrived at the cabin about two hours later. It's absolutely beautiful. Tom, Dad, and I skied the first day - Sunday - and today the guys all went out. It snowed A LOT last night. Copper Mountain has 10 inches of fresh snow today so I'm sure the guys will have a blast. Us girls are going to check out some of the little shoppes in Breckenridge when Jonah wakes up from his nap.

The cabin is gorgeous as you can see. It's located in a very cozy spot although it is very difficult to get in and out without four wheel drive. Last night it took all four guys pushing and a lot of tries and maneuvering to get both cars into the driveway - even the rental with all-wheel drive. So today they guys are driving mom and dad's car to the ski slopes, then leaving it down there and picking up a rental with four wheel drive to use for the rest of the week. We were a little nervous after last night's ordeal that we wouldn't be able to get out today. The guys did make it but they had to push mom and dad's avalon all the way up the hill after miraculously getting out of the driveway!!!

My dream kitchen...

Anna and Mom upstairs this morning after putting Jonah down for a nap. Joe and Mary Ellen's room is on the left. You can see the open door. Anna and Luke's room is on the right of Anna.

Anna and Mom at the kitchen sink.

The little peanut napping...

I'll try to take a lot more pictures of the place today and of everyone. I wasn't sure I would be able to hook up to the internet but I was. Yipee!
The cabin is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so jealous that all of you are out there. It brings back so many memories of our childhood to think of it. We miss everyone and wish we were there! Thanks for posting, Maria, and keep it up!
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful cabin!! Hope you all have a blast! Keep us "posted" :)
ReplyDelete