Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun in the UP

This is actually before we left for the UP - Casino Night.  We each got $250 in fake money and had two hours to make as much as possible.  Tom and I played roulette the entire time.  Tom claims he was on a "heater" and I guess he was because he was up $3000 at the end of the two hours and won the grand prize!  Unfortunately, the prize consisted of all the ingredients to make martinis plus martini glasses and Tom and I don't like martinis.  My personal favorite part of the prize was the basket it came in...
We stopped at Grandma A's on the way into town.  Her neighbor had a bunch of puppies so she brought them over for these guys to hold.  As you can guess I had no interest at all in the hairy little stink balls, so the twins and Tom held them for a while and watched them walk around (or should I say bounce around) for a while.
Andrea holding hers
For a moment here I think Angela forgot about Ellie and Moses
I took Tom up to the ski jump.  The plan was to climb to the top.  We didn't end up going all the way to the top.  There were tons of people around because of dirt bike races on the side of the landing.

Here's Tom looking down.

That night Dad took us to City Park because he wanted us to see the albino deer.  Right here Tom is just happy to see some deer with horns.

You can see the albino in the background.
And today the three of us went trout fishing.  I'm the only one who didn't get water in my waders.  Of course Tom and I came back with nothing (although we caught some undersize trout) but Dad came home with about 5 of them.  Go figure.  

So far it's been a great trip.  Tom, Dad, and I are going to pick Fr. Sean up from the Iron Mountain airport now.  Tomorrow we're going out with the Nash's.  We leave Wednesday.  Hope everyone's well!

3 comments:

  1. Nice pics, nice pics. It looks like you're having lots of fun there. The puppies are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Am's puppy! are those shi-poos?

    ReplyDelete